Monday, May 31, 2010

Baobab Sapling





I used the marquise-shaped punch for the leaves of my baobab and decided to slump green coloured glass beads into them for colour. The melted beads worked really well especially the side the beads were placed as the colour appeared much brighter against the silver.




I still really liked the baobab without the leaves so I decided to create 2 pairs, one which represents summer and one to represent winter.


There was just one finishing touch that it needed, an interesting edge. I wanted to try out something different from the dotted edge of the mandala earings as it can be very time consuming, so I tried a concave triangle flat punch and I really liked the effect it created, an almost petal-like shape as it bulged out the metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment