Thursday, May 27, 2010

In the beginning


I started off with experimenting with spirals, I really love working with spirals and I enjoyed using wax rolling and moulding as an interesting way of creating spiral patterns.

I loved the technique and the jewellery that I made but found it to be very time consuming, the lost wax casting method was also not always successful.

During this time I researched the purposes of jewellery amongst ethnic communities as I wanted to find the original purposes of jewellery, I did this because I felt as though jewellery may have lost its true purpose in this day and age as most of it amounts to diamonds and gold, a mere show of wealth. Researching this topic brought me to find that it doesn't really matter that there is 'bling' jewellery what matters is that there are still jewellers out there making it for the right reasons

No comments:

Post a Comment